Skip to main content

Recent Happenings

Wow! I just realized it's been since Tuesday that I posted. I've been super busy this week with the usual, but also started dieting and working out so that's been taking up much of my free time. It's been such a change for me to not grab for convenience foods when I want to snack, but instead cook each and every meal/snack. I figured it's almost been a year since Judah was born so I'm way over due to lose the last of my baby weight, plus some! Besides, I'm sick of seeing other new moms with perfect bodies-blah! haha


Anyway..thought I'd post a couple new photos we took of the kids this week. Hope you enjoy!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Integrity

I'm going to do my best to write this post in love and not condemnation or criticism. I pray that my heart on this issue will be evident and not misunderstood for something else. I heard a great pastor say about a week ago while he was presenting the congregation with an uncomfortable message "receive this in love". I thought, "what a great way to say what you really think and get away with it b/c you've given the 'love' disclaimer!" But seriously, this has been on my heart for about a year now. I don't know if it's been God that's brought it further and further to the front of my mind in the last month or what, but I felt the need to share. So, receive this in love! Integrity. When most people hear this word they automatically think of the personal meaning of the word. If someone has integrity they have moral or ethical principles.  A more corporate definition of the word as it pertains to the Church or a church ministry is "the s...

Honoring God by Honoring Your Husband

While you’re dating someone, it’s easy to love the man you’re in a relationship with. You probably don’t notice all his flaws or the things that get under your skin and drive you insane.  You are probably blissfully unaware of how things, for many couples, will change once you exchange the rings. Once the “honeymoon” stage is over, reality sets in and then it starts.  It becomes harder to excuse certain behaviours or habits, harder to forgive, and sometimes even harder to love (in the form of a verb). Many wives begin to find themselves asking why they should honor their husband. Why should I forgive him over and over? Why should I boast about him in front of my friends? Why should I overlook his flaws and focus on the good? The answer becomes, “because that is what God does”.  The questions in our mind about whether or not to honor, respect, and submit to our husband becomes a question of whether or not we’re going to honor, respect, and submit to Jesus Christ. We ...

Can you make "new years" resolutions in August?

I'm not usually one to make specific New Years Resolutions each year. I'm not sure if it's because I usually don't follow through with them or if I'm just not motivated enough to actually sit down and highlight some things in my life I'd like to START or STOP doing. However, I know I fall victim to the thought of "oh, I'll wait til the beginning of a new day, week, month, or year to start...." In this case, I don't want to wait until January comes around again to start a new habit. This year has already flown by too quickly.  My son will be 1 soon, and not long after my daughter turns 6 (although many days it feels like 16). So if I were a "resolution-making" type of person, this would be it. I have had so many ideas/thoughts/goals/plans in the last year that I've put to the side for another time, another day that I fear they're beginning to collect dust.  I love to write. I always have. I remember growing up and loving to ...